Speaking was just the medium he used to get out his message. Like my daddy before me, there go I… I’m not an engineer (though I am technical), but I am uber-passionate about my subject. My dad had a favorite memory he loved to talk about. He would get a far off look in his eye and a funny smirk, and then say, “All of a sudden you could see it in their eyes (speaking of his students). The ‘AHA!’ moment when they get it. Nothing beats that.” So true. Most speakers I talk with say something similar. When I speak to any size group, I can’t wait to hear them get it – because it means they have something new in their bag of tools to attack life with – and that’s the win-win.
I love to teach. I love to speak. I love to group coach – even hundreds or thousands at a time. I count it a loss if every person in the room doesn’t walk out with a million dollar idea or a serious paradigm shift. It’s not just about motivation. It’s not just about knowledge. It’s about applying knowledge and getting to accomplishment – to your definition of success. What good does it do you if all I do is make you excited about something? Like Zig Ziglar was fond of saying, “Motivation is like bathing – you need it every day.” I desire to see you inspired, but my real desire is to see you on the road to significant change in your life – to get where you really want to go.
You need a speaker that will touch the hearts and heads of your people and move them closer to the goal. As a past publisher and creator of events, and a past president of Toast Masters, I know what it is like finding and bringing in the best possible speakers to make an event the best it can be. Hopefully the following information will assist you in deciding if I am the best speaker for your event.
Thank you for taking the time to read this page. I am honored and humbled that you are considering me for speaking.
This page provides an overview of what I have to offer, along with a taste of what you can expect. You can click on the links below to take you directly to the relevant sections.
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, specifically created for your attendees. It will have the slides I used in the presentation, with links to books, articles, and other resources that will accentuate the learning process.
- A follow-up discussion after the event with me or someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
- Tools to help your team / attendees get to the original purpose of the speech – long after I am gone.
I have been speaking publicly since 1991. I have spent most of my career in the media, marketing, training, and book publishing industry, most recently as the President and CEO of DataDisc Media Manufacturing.
I now devote my time to writing, coaching, training, consulting, and speaking. I am a certified Professional Executive Coach. I am a member of the John Maxwell Team and past president of our local Toastmasters.
I have just finished my new book, Positive Accountability – The First Step to Success (ReadnLead Publishing, 2014), it’s not a best seller – yet, but it is getting really nice reviews. And the exciting part for me, is that it is helping people get to success.
I have been happily married to my wife, Jody, for thirty-six years. We have four sons and one daughter, one grandson, one granddaughter, and I’m sure more on the way! We live outside of Washington, DC. In my free time, I enjoy hiking, kayaking, and playing music.
I speak on topics related to leadership, personal growth, accountability, life balance, productivity, and marketing. I can also customize my presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs. My goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
My signature topics include the following. I can present these as a keynote, workshop, and in some cases a half-day or full-day seminar version. Please click on the “More” link at the end of each topic description for more detail.
Thanks again for considering me for your event. Contact me below and let’s get started!