My Comments Policy
Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. But you are even more entitled to share it in such a way that it is helpful to others and adds to the conversation. My first desire is that we add value – not just add comment.
With that clarity, when you post on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can log-in via all the methods listed at the particular comment box, or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, and I don’t like it, but you may do so if you wish. If this rule gets abused, I may change this policy.
- You may post follow-up questions. Please do! Clarity is the key and I don’t want you to hear only half the story. Plus, chances are you are not alone. Don’t assume you’re the only one thinking it. I prefer getting your comments on my blog vs. email. It allows me to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails. Make sense?
- You may disagree with me. I encourage debate. I foster debate. I debate all the time. But let’s not do it just for debates’ sake. I ask that if you disagree with me or anyone else posting, please do so in a manner that is respectful and kind. There are way too many postings in cyberspace just being nasty.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog and there is no law that says I have to allow your comment on my blog.
I will delete your comment(s) if you post something that is, in my sole opinion or the opinion of my staff, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. I may also delete your post if , in my sole opinion, it is erroneous and you keep driving the point and leading others astray. If in the future, I discover you were right all along, I will vindicate you and post my finding… and maybe take you to lunch. Maybe. Or call your mom and tell her what an awesome individual you are – though you have a better chance at lunch…
- You retain ownership of your comments. Man-up. Or woman-up. Own what you say. Do your homework or at least really, really, really believe what you are saying. I specifically, explicitly, implicitly, and apodictically disclaim any and all liability that may result from your comments. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings. Think before you post.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
My desire is to host interesting, curious, helpful conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this comments policy will accomplish this. I have added a comments box to this page so I can get your feedback.